This tutorial shows you how to fix Xbox Wireless Controller error code 10 in Windows 10 & 11.
The “this device cannot start. (code 10) network adapter windows 10” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft released an update to fix the issue.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
17th of January, 2022
Originally published in April 2019
- The Xbox Wireless Controller error code 10 indicates a device driver issue.
- An incompatibility with your operating system or a controller issue might potentially cause this.
- Testing the device on a different system may help determine if the issue is with the system or the peripheral.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Windows is the world’s most adaptable operating system, since Microsoft developed it to interact with a wide range of peripherals and other devices to provide the best possible experience for consumers.
Because many people possess the Microsoft console, the Xbox Wireless Controller has become one of the most popular accessories for Windows. Having this controller on both platforms kills two birds with one stone.
However, people who utilize an Xbox Wireless Controller as their primary controller on their laptops may have some difficulties.
There’s a problem that makes it difficult for Xbox Wireless Controllers to remain connected to Windows 10.
Error 10 is the name for this issue, which may also affect other peripherals. This is a highly inconvenient problem since it requires users to reconnect their controllers each time it occurs.
What causes the Xbox Wireless Controller error code 10?
The most common reason of error code 10 is an out-of-date or corrupted driver.
If the problem remains even after updating the driver, you should suspect a controller hardware issue or a worn-out wire.
If you’re having trouble with this problem, we’ve put together some solutions that should help you fix it fast.
How can I fix the Xbox Wireless Controller problem code 10?
1. Remove the driver
- Click the Start button, put device manager into the search box, and choose the program from the list of results.
- To expand the Network Adapters section, choose it.
- Uninstall the Xbox controller driver by right-clicking it and selecting Uninstall device.
- Reconnect the controller by unplugging it and plugging it back in. The system will reinstall the appropriate driver.
2. Modify the power options
- Go to Search, put device manager into the search box, and choose the app from the list of results.
- Double-click Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network Adapters section.
- Uncheck the Power Management box on the Power Management tab. To conserve energy, allow the computer to switch off this gadget.
Changing the Xbox Wireless Controller’s power settings is probably the most popular remedy for error code 10.
To preserve electricity, Windows 10 offers a setting that allows the system to switch off various external devices. So all you have to do now is disable this functionality.
Restart your computer once you’ve done this, and you should be able to keep your Xbox Wireless Controller linked.
Although this technique works in the majority of circumstances, this workaround did not work for certain customers. If you’re one of them, have a look at the options below.
3. Download and install the most recent drivers
- Open Device Management by going to Search and typing device manager.
- Expand the section Network Adapters.
- Select Update driver from the right-click menu on Xbox Wireless for Windows.
- If a new driver is available, install it according to the instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer.
We have to emphasize that in most circumstances, this approach will not help since most individuals already have the most recent drivers installed. On the other hand, if you don’t have the most recent drivers, you should do so immediately.
Please keep in mind that downloading and installing the incorrect driver versions might result in irreparable harm to your computer, so proceed with care.
Furthermore, use a specialist driver manager with confidence, as it will allow quick installation or updates for older versions of drivers.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
This renowned program will provide you with dependable help for updating your Xbox Controller driver in no time.
Then, we highly advise you to use DriverFix to automatically download all of your PC’s outdated drivers.
4. Update your operating system
- Select Settings from the menu by pressing the Start button.
- Choose Update & Security.
- Click the Check for Updates option, and if any updates are found, be sure to install them and restart your computer.
This problem may be seen not just in Windows 10, but also in earlier versions of the operating system.
As a result, it’s feasible that installing the most recent major update for Windows 10 would resolve the issue, particularly given Microsoft’s commitment to improving Xbox/Windows 10 interaction with each subsequent version.
In fact, several customers reported that the issue was resolved once they upgraded to the newest version of Windows 10. As a result, you could get fortunate with this repair as well.
5. Invest on a new controller.
The controller itself might be the source of the problem. The Code 10 problem might be resolved by changing the controller in this scenario.
The controller may not be compatible with the present version of Windows, which is an extremely unusual occurrence.
How can I repair the Xbox Wireless Controller problem code 10 on Windows 11?
Despite the fact that Windows 11 has a lot of aesthetic and functional enhancements, it still has a lot of the same issues as Windows 10.
This is also the situation with the Xbox Wireless Controller error number 10, and thankfully, all of the options we described above will work with the new OS.
Of course, the taskbar is different, but Device Manager is the same, and the procedure of deactivating and upgrading the controller’s drivers remains the same.
The main change is that you’ll find the Windows 11 Check for Updates option within the Windows Update Settings menu.
We hope at least one of these tips helped you solve the Xbox Wireless Controller issue in Windows 10 & 11.
Whether the issue persists after attempting all of the methods listed here, test if the controller works on a different device.
This problem might be caused by a simple issue with a worn-out cable, therefore we suggest inspecting the device’s physical integrity for any defects.
You can also have a look at our list of the top Xbox controller offers to get a new one for your gaming requirements.
Let us know if you have any questions, comments, or recommendations in the space below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated Great on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 1 comment(s).
Watch This Video-
The “this device cannot start. (code 10) windows 7” is an error code that can be seen when trying to use a Xbox Wireless Controller in Windows 10 and 11.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix my Xbox controller on Windows 10?
A: A xbox controller on Windows 10 is not recognized by the operating system as a xbox controller. The only way to have this work would be to manually download an Xbox driver and use that instead of your original device.
How do I fix my Xbox One controller USB device not recognized Windows 10?
A: You need to disable the driver update for your Xbox One controller in order for it to be recognized by Windows 10. If you are still not able to connect your controller, please contact Microsofts Virtual PC Support Group at [email protected] or visit the Xbox Technical Support website on this page of our site: http://www.xboxhelpcenter.com/en-US/Support
How do you fix this device Cannot start code 10 operation failed the requested operation was unsuccessful?
- this device cannot start. (code 10) access denied
- this device cannot start (code 10 xbox 360 controller)
- xbox wireless adapter for windows cannot start
- xbox wireless controller driver error
- this device cannot start. (code 10) bluetooth