Microsoft has announced that the next iteration of Windows will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 users, but it’s not as good as it sounds.
If your pc does not meet the minimum requirements for windows 11, then your channel option will be limited.
Founder and CEO
Since his first PC, a Pentium III, Radu Tyrsina has been a Windows enthusiast (a monster at that time). For most of his generation’s youngsters, the Internet was a source of entertainment… Read more
- Because of Microsoft’s latest security limitations in Windows 11, your channel options will be restricted text displayed.
- This implies that if you don’t have an Intel 6th Gen or Ryzen 1000 CPU, you won’t be able to download the Windows 11 Preview version from the dev and beta release channels.
- Switch to the Windows 11 Beta or Dev channels and start receiving Windows 11 Insider builds using the Windows Registry program.
- If you have compatible hardware but are still getting the problem, try activating Secure Boot and TPM (Trusted Platform Module) in BIOS to resolve the issue.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
People all around the globe are thrilled about Windows 11, which is now in the limelight and has a new build worth installing. Errors, on the other hand, are not unheard of.
TPM 2.0 compatibility is required by Microsoft’s perplexing set of system requirements, which means that computers with Intel’s 6th Gen or earlier CPUs will not be able to run Windows 11.
The majority of people got the same thing throughout the launch. The minimal hardware requirements for Windows 11 are not met by your computer. Your channel selection will be restricted due to an error.
What’s the deal with the error message? Will you have a restricted number of channels to choose from?
- It’s possible that you’re receiving this problem because your computer doesn’t meet the Windows 11 system requirements.
- Only computers with Intel 7th Gen or AMD Ryzen 1000 series CPUs will be able to run Windows 11. You must also have TPM and Secure Boot activated on your computer.
- Let us explain channel choices to you if you’re not sure what they imply. When you join the Insiders program, you may select between three channels: development, beta, and in-release preview.
How do I resolve the problem “Your channel choices will be limited”?
1. In the BIOS, enable TPM and Secure Boot.
- Navigate to the Settings app in Windows 10.
- Go to the Update and Security section.
- Then locate and choose Recovery from the left-hand menu.
- Click the Restart now option in the advanced starting section.
- This will put your computer into recovery mode, where you will be presented with a variety of choices. All you have to do is go to the UEFI Firmware Settings option and press enter.
- You should now be in BIOS mode. The BIOSes don’t all look the same. As a result, don’t be alarmed if yours differs from the one below.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to go to the TPM option in the security menu, then the F5/F6 keys to set it to enabled.
- In the same way, activate Secure Boot in the boot settings.
- Exit by going to the Exit section, saving your changes, and then exiting. When you boot into Windows 10, go to the Insiders settings, and the Your Channel Options Will Be Limited Windows 11 issue should be gone.
The BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is a critical component of your computer that allows it to boot up.
If your PC satisfies the hardware requirements for Windows 11, activating the TPM option and secure boot should resolve the problem.
2. Using Windows Registry tricks to enable the Dev channel
- To launch the Run program, press and hold the Windows + R key combination.
- Click OK after typing Regedit.
- Navigate to the following path in the registry editor. HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsSelfHostUISelection
- Change the value of the UIBranch from ReleasePreview to Dev with a double-click.
- Change the value of UIContentType to Mainline and the UIRing value to External, as seen in the picture above.
- Now go to the next step. HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsSelfHostApplicability
- Change the BranchName, ContentType, and Ring values to Dev, Mainline, and External, respectively.
- Finally, restart your computer after closing the registry editor.
- You should now start getting Windows 11 preview builds, which will fix the Windows 11 issue Your channel choices will be restricted.
Here’s a word of caution before we begin. Registry hacking have the potential to break the operating system. As a result, we suggest that you carefully follow the directions.
You should now be enrolled in the Windows 11 Dev channel, assuming you’ve previously signed up for the Windows Insider program.
How can I unsubscribe from the Insiders program?
- If you no longer wish to get the builds, Microsoft enables you to unregister from the Insiders program.
- The procedure for unregistering is the same as it was for enrolling. In Settings, go to the Insider program and choose the option to Leave the Insiders program. If you wish, you may re-enroll.
- Getting out of the Insiders program, on the other hand, will not take you back to Windows 10. If you have a prior OS backup, you may either clean install Windows 10 or roll back using the options.
We don’t suggest installing preview releases on your work computers since they aren’t very reliable. Before you begin, make sure you have a backup of Windows 10.
Check out our newest Windows 11 build review to learn more about the OS if you’re new to Windows 11 and don’t know what’s occurred since its debut.
Were these approaches successful in resolving the Your Channel Options Will Be Limited issue? Please share your thoughts in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The windows 11 insider preview requirements are a set of rules that Microsoft has set for the Windows 11 Insider Preview.
- windows 11 insider without tpm
- not getting windows 11 insider preview
- your windows insider build ran into a problem windows 11
- unable to install windows 11 insider preview
- windows 11 insider preview install stuck